Thanks for your interest in Powered by Search. We are currently looking for a first-class UX Strategist, is that you?
Before you say yes, ask yourself:
- Are you bored of being the smartest UX Strategist in your current role?
- Do you have an eye for great design, and know how to apply it to your work?
- Do you communicate your ideas with ease?
- Are you able to prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams?
- Are you organized and task-driven, and can’t quite get through the day without checking off your tasks on your to-do list?
- Are you passionate about marketing and storytelling?
- But most of all, are you able to separate what needs to be done from what can be done, focusing on the 20% of activities that generate 80% of the results.
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have:
- At least 3 years experience in a UX role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective user experience strategies, creative, and optimizations for Fortune-1000 companies using current industry standard tools and techniques.
- Multidisciplinary skills in user experience, information architecture, accessibility, graphic design, sketching & prototyping, user modeling, and user testing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user-centered visuals with exceptional creativity that remains consistently within standards.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Unbounce, and Invision.
- Strong research techniques and ability to synthesize information.
- Strong understanding of Conversion Rate Optimization methodologies, platforms (Hotjar, Optimizely), and best practices for landing pages.
- Experience designing and optimizing high converting landing pages for paid media campaigns.
Some competencies you’ll need to have:
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals: You are certified in Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint, and HubSpot.
- Critical Thinking: You are able to synthesize and execute on 80/20 strategies in your role. You think holistically and understand how your actions impact other areas of the organization.
- Project Management: Large and complex projects are kept organized, within scope, and on-time. You are able to proactively resolve project risks and expertly handle objections.
- Reporting & Analytics: You are able to analyze and manipulate large sets of data to create easy-to-understand reports. Your have advanced Excel skills and are able to simplify data with pivot tables, macros, vlookup, and APIs. You have intermediate knowledge of Adobe Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Communication: You are able to communicate complex data in a simple manner and craft a story around it to lead to business insights. You have strong presentation skills and are comfortable speaking in front of small audiences.
Results you’ll be expected to drive:
- Execute and improve on Powered by Search's systems for UX, paid media ad creative, landing pages, and design to drive client goals.
- Deliverables are consistently on time, high quality, and aligned to client goals.
Now that you know a little bit more about the role, here is why working with us is a competitive opportunity:
- People join Powered by Search because they want to belong to a team that is winning and growing. We are the fastest growing digital marketing agency in Canada, and serve some of the biggest brands worldwide. We also plan to triple in growth over the next 3 years.
- We’re home to the brightest and smartest marketers in Toronto. If you get hired at Powered by Search it’s because you are amazing at what you do. Powered by Search employees are digital marketing thought-leaders. We run regular meetups, conferences, webinars, and publish value-packed content.
- People join Powered by Search because they want to work in our amazing space. Powered by Search’s office is a stunning open concept brick and beam space that is conveniently located across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge St. making it super easy to get to. When you walk into Powered by Search’s office, you’ll feel the buzz from our fun and energetic space.
If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
We’re not trying to brag, but there are few places that offer as many perks and benefits as Powered by Search does.
To highlight a few:
- We offer the most competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care
- Flexible Hours (with work from home days and summer hours)
- 5 Weeks paid vacation (for everyone!)
- Spot bonuses every quarter
- Casual dress code
- Paid social outings & events
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
If the above got you excited (and we mean, like, really REALLY excited) then we definitely want to hear from you!