Thanks for your interest in Powered by Search. We are currently looking for a first-class SEO Strategist, is that you?
Before you say yes, ask yourself:
- Are you bored of being the smartest SEO expert in your current role?
- Are you strategic, analytical, and communicate your ideas with ease?
- Can you interpret data critically and craft a story around it?
- Are you organized and task-driven, and can’t quite get through the day without checking off your tasks on your to-do list?
- But most of all, are you able to separate what needs to be done from what can be done, focusing on the 20% of activities that generate 80% of the results.
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have:
- At least 2 years of experience managing organic and local search efforts for multiple websites.
- Demonstrated ability to drive maximum organic and local search performance including Technical SEO, Content Marketing, and Digital PR.
- Experience with WordPress and Apache.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar platforms.
- Intermediate understanding of website crawling, content optimization, local listings management, mobile SEO, and more.
Some competencies you’ll need to have:
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals: You are certified in Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint, and HubSpot.
- Critical Thinking: You are able to expertly craft actionable and impactful strategies for any role in the organization. Everything you do have a force-multiplier effect.
- Project Management: Large and complex projects are kept organized, within scope, and on-time. You are able to proactively resolve project risks and expertly handle objections.
- Reporting & Analytics: You are able to create advanced custom reports and dashboards in Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics. You are adept at using RegEx, APIs, and scripting to suit any customized reporting needs that come your way.
- Communication: You are able to communicate complex data in a simple manner and craft a story around it to lead to business insights. You have strong presentation skills and are comfortable speaking in front of small audiences.
Results you’ll be expected to drive:
- Drive >10% organic traffic growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing on Powered by Search's technical SEO systems.
- Drive >5% organic conversion growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing on Powered by Search's technical SEO systems.
- Drive >15% organic ranking increases across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing on Powered by Search's technical SEO systems.
- Deliverables are consistently on time, high quality, and aligned to client goals.
Now that you know a little bit more about the role, here is why working with us is a competitive opportunity:
- People join Powered by Search because they want to belong to a team that is winning and growing. We are the fastest growing digital marketing agency in Canada, and serve some of the biggest brands worldwide. We also plan to triple in growth over the next 3 years.
- We’re home to the brightest and smartest marketers in Toronto. If you get hired at Powered by Search it’s because you are amazing at what you do. Powered by Search employees are digital marketing thought-leaders. We run regular meetups, conferences, webinars, and publish value-packed content.
- People join Powered by Search because they want to work in our amazing space. Powered by Search’s office is a stunning open concept brick and beam space that is conveniently located across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge St. making it super easy to get to. When you walk into Powered by Search’s office, you’ll feel the buzz from our fun and energetic space.
If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
We’re not trying to brag, but there are few places that offer as many perks and benefits as Powered by Search does.
To highlight a few:
- We offer the most competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care
- Flexible Hours (with work from home days and summer hours)
- 5 Weeks paid vacation (for everyone!)
- Spot bonuses every quarter
- Casual dress code
- Paid social outings & events
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
If the above got you excited (and we mean, like, really REALLY excited) then we definitely want to hear from you!