Thanks for your interest in Powered by Search. We are currently looking for a first-class Business Development Executive, is that you?
Before you say yes, ask yourself:
- Are you a closer?
- Do you love sales?
- Do you love to make lots of money?
- Do you like getting rewarded well for driving sales?
- Are you NOT afraid to work a sales job that is highly commissioned based?
- Are you bored of being the smartest person in your current role?
- Are you passionate about marketing and storytelling?
- Are you strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team?
- Do you have a commanding, self-starting desire to learn and succeed in marketing and technology sales?
- Are you organized and task-driven, and can’t quite get through the day without checking off your tasks on your to-do list?
- But most of all, are you able to separate what needs to be done from what can be done, focusing on the 20% of activities that generate 80% of the results?
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have:
- At least 5 years of sales or related marketing experience in software/SaaS or B2B.
- Demonstrated ability to engage prospects through cold outreach via email or phone.
- Strong ability to craft succinct and enticing emails.
- Excellent phone communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent at speaking to groups.
- Excellent at making complex strategies digestible and easy to understand.
- Experience with using consultative selling.
- Experience with HubSpot is an asset.
- Experience with selling digital marketing services is an asset.
Some competencies you’ll need to have:
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals: You can explain the basics of SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Marketing Automation, and UX/CRO.
- Critical Thinking: Your actions are proactive. You are able to visualize success and deliberately work towards the end goal by following high impact strategies.
- Project Management: You are in control of your time and manage it effectively. Meetings are on-time and prepared. Your deliverables are on-time and require little-to-no rework.
- Communication: You communicate your thoughts with ease, clarity, and empathy in written and verbal forms. You consistently practice upward reporting.
- Sales Exp: You know how to ask for the sale and close.
Results you’ll be expected to drive:
- Drive qualified leads to generate $600,000 in new monthly sales to grow the company from $6 million to $28 million in 3 years.
Now that you know a little bit more about the role, here is why working with us is a competitive opportunity:
- People join Powered by Search because they want to belong to a team that is winning and growing. We are the fastest growing digital marketing agency in Canada, and serve some of the biggest brands worldwide. We also plan to triple in growth over the next 3 years.
- We’re home to the brightest and smartest marketers in Toronto. If you get hired at Powered by Search it’s because you are amazing at what you do. Powered by Search employees are digital marketing thought-leaders. We run regular meetups, conferences, webinars, and publish value-packed content.
- People join Powered by Search because they want to work in our amazing space. Powered by Search’s office is a stunning open concept brick and beam space that is conveniently located across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge St. making it super easy to get to. When you walk into Powered by Search’s office, you’ll feel the buzz from our fun and energetic space.
If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
We’re not trying to brag, but there are few places that offer as many perks and benefits as Powered by Search does.
To highlight a few:
- We offer the most competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care
- Flexible Hours (with work from home days and summer hours)
- 5 Weeks paid vacation (for everyone!)
- Spot bonuses every quarter
- Casual dress code
- Paid social outings & events
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
If the above got you excited (and we mean, like, really REALLY excited) then we definitely want to hear from you!