Thanks for your interest in Powered by Search. We are currently looking for a first-class Technical SEO Strategist — is that you?
Before you say yes, ask yourself:
- Are you bored of being the smartest SEO expert in your current role?
- Do you like debating the virtues of canonicalization, or whether pagerank evaporates on no-followed links?
- Do you know the difference between cloaking and CSS overlays, and enjoy learning the in's and out's of SEO for backbone.js?
- Most importantly: do you live by the 80-20 principle, and know how to separate what can be done from what needs to be done?
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in search engine optimization
- A track record of successfully improving both individual rankings for keywords/phrases and improving overall site traffic through wide scale application of best practices
- Deep familiarity with custom analytics reporting, HTTP header evaluation, .htaccess file creation, site crawling, and more
- Experience managing large websites and performing SEO on multiple CMS' such as Wordpress, Expression Engine, Joomla, Shopify, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and a genuine interest in making continuous improvements to campaigns based on ongoing data analysis
- You have experience with copywriting, conversion rate optimization methodologies and platforms, and call tracking
- Strong experience working with Excel, Google Docs, Powerpoint, industry standard SEO tools and platforms, as well as project management tools such as Teamwork or Basecamp
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to clearly explain complex ideas verbally and in writing
Some required competencies you’ll need to have:
- High emotional intelligence & the ability to work well with others
- The ability to interpret and craft a story around complex data. You must be able to understand the difference between correlation and causation.
- Negotiation skills to enable win-win outcomes for clients and Powered by Search.
- Strong organizational and project management; experience managing large complex projects is an asset.
- You must have a proven track record of building, running, and managing successful High ROI Organic Search strategies and tactics.
Some of your responsibilities would be:
- Driving organic search results for multiple projects and client web properties, while working with a team of Canada's best and most knowledgeable SEO experts. You will be supported by a team of Account Directors, Strategy leads, web designers and developers, and other teams at Powered by Search. The role is 20% client-facing, and 80% working internal teams.
- Understanding commercial intent and performing advanced keyword research
- Driving Local SEO strategy and Listing Management for multi-location brands.
- Performing Technical SEO Audits that utilize a variety of tools (Screaming Frog, ScrapeBox, Deep Crawl).
- Writing Technical SEO audit recommendations for sites with tens of thousands of pages up to 10M+ pages.
- Explaining recommendations to Account Directors and clients coherently in layman's terms, while illustrating the business case and outcomes of successfully implementing recommendations.
- Track, monitor and ensure that campaigns are delivering against all KPIs by reporting on campaign performance.
- Monitor industry changes and developments in the latest SEO tools, trends, and tactics.
- Regularly write blog posts and whitepapers on SEO, Analytics, and Local Search.
Now that you know a little bit more about the role... Here is why working with us is a competitive opportunity.
There is an endless list of why people want to work at PbS, but here are some of the top points:
- People join Powered by Search because they want to belong to a team that is winning and growing. We are the fastest growing digital marketing agency in Canada, and serve some of the biggest brands worldwide. We also plan to triple in growth over the next 3 years.
- We’re home to the brightest and smartest marketers in Toronto. If you get hired at PbS it’s because you are amazing at what you do. PbS employees are digital marketing thought-leaders. We run regular meetups, conferences, webinars, and publish value-packed content.
- We have a stunning, open-concept brick and beam space that is conveniently located across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge St. (making it super easy to get to). When you walk in PbS’s office, you’ll feel the buzz from our fun and energetic office.
If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
Again, we’re not trying to brag, but there are few places that offer as many perks and benefits as Powered by Search does.
To highlight a few:
- We offer the most competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care
- Wellness program (fitness, massages, coaching, nutrition, etc)
- Flexible Hours (with work from home days and summer hours)
- 5 Weeks paid vacation (for everyone!)
- Spot bonuses every quarter
- Casual dress code
- Paid social outings & events
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
If the above got you excited (and we mean, like, really REALLY excited) then we definitely want to hear from you.